08/23/04: Landed and stuff

Hi, all!

Landed safely in San Francisco after two middle-seat flights from Philly to Phoenix, and then from Phoenix to SFO. I was up packing until 7:30am yesterday morning and set my alarm for 11:00am so I'd be ready for once Joe, Paula and Erin picked me up for the airport. Didn't sleep though, even though I tried.

Anyhoo, L is housesitting for me while I'm gone, so that rocks entirely-- I'm glad it worked out for both of us. And Genevieve's car died on Saturday, so I'm letting her drive my Malibu until she gets her vehicle fixed. Total win-win. Yay!

Joe, Paula and Erin came to get me around noon and we Strong-Badded ourselves to the airport. Erin is so cool-- I just love that kid and could eat her up. When she talks like StrongBad or gives the rocker-fingers I could just pee myself.

Paula leaves for Richmond today after spending the summer in Wilmington with Joe, so the poor guy is losing two of his three chicks within 24 hours. So, if you're reading this and you know Joe, go tell him you love him.

Speaking of loving Joe Trainor, turns out he loves me back, as heard at Saturday night's Knappuccino's (which was among the most rockin', by the way). During Little Shop he kept telling me how he was writing a new song, and I would interrupt him to be annoying and say, "Is it called 'I Love Jill Knapp'?" and he'd smirk and say, "Uh, no." So, after the 8763248th time I asked him this, I guess he finally buckled... and he debuted the song Saturday night. It is awesome, totally sing-along-able, and a delightful Jill-roast. Talks about me eating "metric pounds" of salsa, how I'm never on time, how I take a quick shower (*ahem*), etc. etc. Very awesome. I cried like a sissy when he played it. I am so blessed to have him in my life... I know I say that all the time, but it can't be said enough.

ANYWAY! So I'm here in San Francisco, and I find that typing the word "francisco" is almost impossible for me to do. My fingers want to type "francsico." I just might start leaving it that way... maybe it'll catch on.

It was so good to see John at the airport. We ate dinner at Mel's, and they had on the same loop of Big Girls Don't Cry, Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay and Hotel California... I think that's all they play there. After dinner we went to Trader Joe's to stock up on food for the week and then camping supplies-- a case of bottled water, protein bars by the zillion, salsa ingredients, vitamins, etc. I do need to stop at a regular grocery store to buy a few more things, and then by the Asian grocery to get some more veggies, and then we'll be set.

We came home and I was exhausted having not slept in eons, so we made a few lists of stuff we want to get done this week, and then it was sleepytime. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... in bed by 9:30pm.

Today I have a bunch of errands to run. It's 8:30am now, so I'm gonna get 90 more minutes of sleep, grab a shower and then start my day. Check back later (this page) for updates.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Pete!